Sun, 01 Mar|
FootO - Foot Orienteering
Learn a new sport
Time & Location
01-Mar-2020, 7:00 am – 9:00 am
Cubbon Park, Kasturba Road, Behind High Court of Karnataka Ambedkar Veedhi, Sampangi Rama Nagara, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
About the Event
NthAdventure invites you to “Learn a new sport”
“Orienteering is one of the prime disciplines in Adventure Racing. It’s a sport that requires navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain whilst moving at speed. Participants are given a topographical map, usually a specially prepared orienteering map, which they use to find control points.”
And did you know there is an ORIENTEERING WORLD CUP and there are various types of orienteering, FootO, MTBO, SkiO, TrailO, KayakO, MountainO, Rogaining and goes onn.
Foot Orienteering became a recognized Olympic sport in 1977.
Foot orienteering is an endurance sport which involves a huge mental element. There is no marked route – the orienteer must navigate with map and compass while running. The map gives detailed information on the terrain such as hills, ground surface, obstacles etc.
Watch this introductory video
We are inviting you to experience and learn about this sport.
- Compass not required;
- No prior experience is required.
- Run, jog, or walk as you navigate your route while collecting checkpoints on the course and learn this new sport
- Timed event
Open Solo 3KM – Rs. 200/-
Open Solo 5KM – Rs. 200/-
Kids U14 – Free
Entry fee includes:
1. Printed FootO Map (Returnable)
2. FootO Passport
3. Checkpoint logistics
4. Basic First Aid
5. Top 3 Winner (All categories) gets awarded with certificates
What to bring:
1. Comfortable running clothing
3. A pen / Highlighter
4. Personal hydration bag/bottle
5. Sunscreen, Cap & Sunglasses
- All the participants will get on-spot training on how to read a map.
- The fastest person who collects all the checkpoints without any penalty gets the podium
- Its a training event and for limited people only.
Register now and learn more about this skilled sport.
For more info mail Team NthAdventure at EXPLORE@NTHADVENTURE.COM