Sun, 20 Feb|
Orienteering & Navigation Clinic – Basic Module 1.1
Time & Location
20-Feb-2022, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Avathi, Avathi, Karnataka 577111, India
About the Event
- Did you know Navigation is as easy as flying a plane after learning how to fly!
- Have you seen a post somewhere on Adventure Race and dreamt of being a part of it?
- Do you want to know how to Navigate yourself using Google Maps in Upcoming Adventure Races?
- Hey, wait!!! Aren’t Navigation and Orienteering both are same?
- Did you also know Navigation is one of the most important skills if you ever planning for Surviving in the wild!
This clinic is for those, who have completed their Basic 1.0 or those who want to explore the next level of navigation in the outdoors. NthAdventure invites you to “Amplify your Navigational Skill”.
“Orienteering is one of the prime disciplines in Adventure Racing. It’s a sport that requires navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain whilst moving at speed.”
What is included in Basic Module 1.1:
1. On-ground training for the basics
2. Types of Maps & their importance, folding and holding
3. Common Mistakes while using Google maps for Adventure Racing
4. Demo Run of 3-5KM with Map
- Participants need to reach on their own. Transport can be arranged at an additional cost of Rs. 350/- (Minimum 7 Pax required)
- More details about the meet-up point will be shared with registered participants
- Advance Module 1.0 is all about Navigation using Topo Maps and Beyond Google Maps
- For more information reach us: +91-9900027525 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Register now and learn these skills before you race your next Adventure Race.
- Should the race be moved due to COVID lockdown rules, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific event (No refunds at any point)
- We try our bit however, each one of us is responsible for our own safety. NthAdventure does not take any responsibility of anything that happens prior, during, or after the event.
Basic Modul 1.1 (Outdoor)
Includes end to end O & N Clinic, Lunch & Hi-Tea