Fri, 02 Jun|
Odyssey Adventure Race -100KM
2nd of 3 Races under ARWS ASIA INDIA SERIES - 2023
Time & Location
02 Jun, 3:00 pm – 04 Jun, 12:00 pm
Ramanagara, Ramanagara, Karnataka 562159, India
About the Event
For the Shorter Distance Category happening on 3rd June 2023 (Saturday) register here: Click Here
- 6 KM Trail O & MTB O - Solo
- 30 KM Adventure Race - Solo / Team of 2
- 30 KM AR Duathalon - Team of 2 (Running 10KM & Cycling 20KM)
- 60 KM Adventure Race - Team of 2
ODYSSEY ADVENTURE RACE is here.
We’re super excited to host the Odyssey Adventure Race the #2 of 3 races as part of the prestigious
Adventure Racing World Series – Asia Regional in Ramanagara, Namma Karnataka. Yes, you heard it right the famous "Ramanagara" is known for its sericulture and is nicknamed Silk Town and Silk City amidst boulders, unique rock formations, temples, sanctuaries, and the location of one of the greatest movie ever.
Adventure Racing is a multi-sport event with the following disciplines: Mountain Biking, Trail Running/Hiking, Kayaking, and Orienteering (Navigation). If you are a Beginner or an elite athlete you are all welcome! Before you read further do check on our previous Edition of Adventure Race along with what is Adventure Racing.
- What is Adventure Racing: CLICK HERE
- Namma Adventure Race 2021 (Teaser): Click Here
- Namma Adventure Race 2021 (Full Movie): Click Here
By now we all really understand that adventure racers like to explore Mother Nature by going to places that others can't even think of, to feel tough by taking on endurance distances either by MTB, on foot, or on a kayak … and to take on the world by facing the hard and sometimes unforgiving elements of the weather, whether it’s a scorching hot day, rain pouring down hard or a gusty wind that’s testing your guts and spirit all you can expect in one race which we love so much. And to top it all off, the orienteering part of it just put adventure racers in another league. Excited to experience it?
ARWS ASIA - INDIA CALENDAR
- Namma Adventure Race – 9th Friday to 11th Sunday December 2022 (Completed)
- Odyssey Adventure Race – 02nd Friday to 04th Sunday June 2023 (Happening)
- AR India Championship – 8th, 9th & 10th September 2023
ARWS ASIA SERIES LOG
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 is the ONLY category to be eligible to win a free entry to the AR India Championship 2023
- Teams may substitute members with a team roster containing a maximum of 7 team members for the year.
- The log will be updated after each event, see points allocated on LINK.
- All the above-mentioned events will count towards a team’s ARWS ASIA Regional rankings as well
- AR India Championship 2023 is a championship event for India, and the winner gets free entry into the Asia Regional Championship - 2023 Phillippines
RACE CONCEPT, TEAM FORMAT, RACE DISTANCE, AND RACE DISCIPLINES
Adventure Race Concept
- Adventure racing is a multi-discipline endurance sport where competitors compete in teams, navigating from control point to control point in several disciplines.
- Disciplines include mountain biking, trekking, kayaking, and orienteering.
- Teams are expected to navigate using a map and landmarks.
- Teams must be able to operate in harsh remote environments in all weather conditions.
- Teams travel throughout the night. They can decide if, when, and where to rest or eat and proceed.
- The first team to complete the whole course, with all the control points, visited without any support will be declared the winner.
- Teams are required to complete the entire distance together (always within hearing and visual distance of each other), helping and assisting each other.
- Teamwork and team dynamics are essential. A detailed understanding of your teammates and of your own capabilities is essential and key in the race.
- Teams of 4 members only
- Teams can consist of members of any combination: All Males and/or all Females
- The official category is a premier team of 4 members with ONE FEMALE or ONE MALE who will qualify for India & Asia Rankings as well as paid entry to AR India Championship 2023.
- The race will cover approximately 100 + km’s
- Top teams are expected to finish the course in 8 to 10 hours with the last team in before 12 hours (Rest excluded)
- All teams should be able to finish the race before 08:00 AM on Sunday Morning 4th June 2023
- The route scouted so far comprises 75 to 85% of mountain biking, 15 to 20% of trail running / hiking (final distances will be confirmed closer to the race date for registered participants only.
- 100% Orienteering (Google Maps & Topographical Maps)
- Mountain biking – Teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads, mud roads, hairpin bends climbs, downhill, tarmac roads, and of course hike-a-bike.
- Trail Running/hiking – This Will involve traveling by foot through rugged terrains, tarmac roads, etc
- Orienteering – Orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked, and teams are required to navigate using a map and compass.
- Rope Work - Rope section is part of the race and more details will be added here soon.
- Surprise elements - The sport is not always about endurance. Remember!
AWARDS & PRIZES
- The winning team of the Odyssey Adventure Race 2023 will qualify and win a FREE entry into the AR India Championship 2023 (Premier team Only)
- All finishers to receive a Race Momento
- Every team will receive Event Ranking irrespective of Team Combination
- All ARWS standard premier Teams will receive INDIA & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- The Winner of AR India Championship 2023 gains FREE ENTRY to Asia Regional Championships in 2023 - Philippines
ENTRY FEE - ARWS Asia Series - TEAM OF 4
- Early Bird Extended (May 28, 2023) – Rs. 15,999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
- Regular Entry Fee – Rs. 7999/- (Per Team – Team of Two)
Entry Fee Includes:
- A full-service Adventure Race that forms part of Adventure Racing World Series - Asia Regional Series
- Race Logistics Support
- Transition Bags (2 Bags per Team)
- Basic Medical backup and Safety
- Race Garment
- Race Maps
- Race booklet, Logistics Planner, Route Flow
- Race Vest BIB
- Cycling BIB
- Race Refreshments
- Closing Ceremony Dinner
- Event Ranking, INDIA Ranking & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- Amplified adventures with some amazing Surprise elements
- Accomodation and Anything which is not included in the above inclusion
Cancellations & Refunds:
- No refunds once the event entry fee has been paid
- Member substitutions are allowed until 2023 with the organizers’ consent only. No additional charges.
- In case of cancellation there will not be any refunds however, transfers of entry fees to any future event upto December 2023
- Should the race be moved due to any reasons, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific race (No refunds at any point)
- No cancellation, however, teams can sell their entry to another team. The transaction happens between the teams and is notified.
RACE VENUE, ACCOMMODATION, DATES & TIMES;
- The Race HQ: Triquetra Resort, Ramanagara, KA, India
- Registration, Race Start and Finish: Triquetra Resort, Ramanagara, KA, India
- Nearest Town: Ramanagara
- Nearest Super Specialty Hospital: BGS Hospital - 10 KM
- Nearest Super Market: 10 Km
- Nearest City: Ramanagara
- Nearest Railway station: Ramanagara 11 Km
- Nearest Bus Station: Ramanagara 11 Km
- Nearest Airport: Kempegowda International Airport – 100 Km
Dates & Times:
- 02nd June 2023, Friday – Admin Day, Registration & Race Briefing
- 03rd June 2023, Saturday – Race Flag Off
- 04th June 2023, Sunday - Closing Ceremony followed by Breakfast
ACCOMMODATION: First Come First Book
- Our host Venue is at a beautiful location with camping options. Avail the exclusive camping packages, enjoy the race weekend with your family & friends, and indulge in various camp activities. Contact now and reserve your stay with Triquetra Resort.
- Note: Camping is the only OPTION available at the Race arena
- Contact number: Mr. Sonu - 9886421211 / 9886421218
- Reservation email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maps supplied can be topographical as well as google maps
- Maps may be given out as the course progresses *
- It is recommended that teams bring large zip-loc bags (A4 Size) to waterproof maps
- If the map is lost or damaged, it will NOT be replaced by the organizers
- Stationery materials for preparing routes on the map are needed: different colored pens, cello tape, scissors, etc.
- Teams will use a map to locate checkpoints in an order to complete the route
Please make an NEFT/IMPS payment directly from your online bank account into the bank account below (the bank details will also be e-mailed to you).
- Account name: NthAdventure Evento Pvt. Ltd.
- Account no: 510101002103884
- Bank & Branch: Union Bank, Coffee Board
- IFSC: UBIN0907979
- Type: Current
- UPI: NTHADVENTURE@UPI
- Google Pay: Kindly email us
Payment charges are to be borne by the Team.
Kindly e-mail proof of payment to email@example.com. Please use your ‘Team Name’ as a reference. We will send you a confirmation email along with a link to submit your team information.
ADVENTURE RACING TIPS
Adventure Racing Tips for the experienced and newbies:
- Equipment: Please do not take the compulsory list lightly, the weather can change in minutes which will result in you needing some items unexpectedly
- Gearbox packing: To avoid a mess in your box we highly recommend each person put all his extra gear and clothing in his own bag i.e.: a string bag, a material/plastic shopping bag, etc. Always prepare for the worst and think about being wet, cold, hungry, or sunburnt. Add a few more comfort items like another dry shirt, fleece, gloves, buff, hat, head torch, jacket, wipes, and an extra space blanket.
- Attention to detail is crucial. The whole team must study the racebook, rules, and what you can and what you can’t do. When things get unclear or “pear-shaped” during the race the navigator and/or decision-maker has more “minds” that can remember the instructions. Last resort: take out the racebook and read again.
- The fastest way to cross a water section is just to unclip your backpack from your waist and swim. No undressing or removal of shoes. You can blow up your bladder and that will assist your backpack for better buoyancy. If you have a proper waterproof bag your clothing or compulsory gear won’t get wet. That brings us back to the equipment.
- Carry your weakest person’s backpack when he/she takes the strain. When it’s a short, fast trekking leg, you can take all the equipment or extra things out of your slowest person’s backpack and let them only carry water.
- What is teamwork? It means you need to be in contact with your slowest person at all times. It does not help if you cycle 100m in front of your team. You should then go back and take the weakest person’s backpack or push/tow that person. The same applies to a trekking leg. If you feel so much stronger at that given moment you must ask to assistance, help the navigator to look for the checkpoints, or just plainly stay with your team and speak about the beautiful day and encourage with positive words.
- Golden rule: if you can’t say something positive then keep your mouth SHUT. If you can’t assist with the navigation, then keep your thoughts to yourself. If the navigator made a mistake your duty is to say: Don’t worry it's ok, how can I help you to get to the next point or how can we recover. Remember mistakes will happen, it’s about how fast can you fix it and move forward.
- Get racing fit. Adventure Racing is a skill like all other sports. You need to race to stay racing fit. In a race, you’re under pressure and you will face new challenges. It’s in those moments that you discover more about yourself and how you handle situations. The more you do it the more it becomes easier and you will adapt easier to each situation and challenge.
- We all are going to have a low moment at some stage. Assist each other through those times and getting that person over the line is the ultimate reward. This is a sport that will humble you and your day will come to be the weakest person. If it’s your “off day” speak up and before you hit the wall and share with your team that you are pushing too hard. This is NOT the sport for EGO. Leave that at home.
- Have an attitude of gratitude that you are able to participate in this amazing, challenging, rough, and outdoor sport.
- At least one member of the team must be capable of navigating by compass and map during the day and night. The team must be able to orientate a map, identify grid references on a map, take a bearing between two points on a map, and understand the impact of magnetic declination. (Do attend NthAventure workshops)
- The teams must be able to describe what their team would do if it becomes lost.
- At least one member of the team should have experience in basic First Aid.
- All team members must be suitably competent in all disciplines included in the event as specified by the race organizer and be able to complete the event without any assistance from any person other than their own team members.
- Swimming 100m of any stroke. (Life jacket provided in case of water activities)
- There will be no competency checks at registration. By entering this event, teams acknowledge that they are competent in all the skills required to complete an event of this nature.
FIND A TEAM
- Find a Team: If you want to join an existing team, create a new team, or are looking for members to fill up your team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will list your contact details below.
- Madhu Kaushik <email@example.com>: Looking to join a TEAM
Point Structure, Event Rules & Regulations visit: LINK
More details will be shared with registered teams.
Let's Grow the Adventure Racing Community in India.