Fri, 09 Dec|
M A H E
Namma Adventure Race 2.0 (120KM)
1st of 3 Races under ARWS ASIA SERIES - 2023
Time & Location
09-Dec-2022, 12:00 pm – 11-Dec-2022, 7:00 pm
M A H E, Udupi, Karnataka, India
About the Event
NAMMA ADVENTURE RACE 2nd edition is Back with a BANGG.
We’re super excited to host Namma Adventure Race the #1 of 3 races as part of the prestigious Adventure Racing World Series – Asia Series in Udupi, Namma Karnataka supported by Department of Tourism - Udupi and in association with MAHE. We are glad to welcome MAHE on board. The FIRST university in the Country to support Adventure Racing.
Adventure Racing is a multi-sport concept of combining the following sport disciplines: Mountain Biking, Trail Running/Trekking, Kayaking, and Orienteering (Navigation). If you are a Beginner or an elite athlete you are all welcome! Before you read further do check on our first Edition of Namma Adventure Race along with what is Adventure Racing.
- What is Adventure Racing: CLICK HERE
- Namma Adventure Race 2021 (Teaser): Click Here
- Namma Adventure Race 2021 (Full Movie): Click Here
By now we all really understand that adventure racers like to explore Mother Nature by going to places where others haven’t been before, to feel tough by taking on endurance distances either by MTB, on foot, or on a kayak … and to take on the world by facing the hard and sometimes unforgiving elements of the weather, whether it’s a scorching hot day, rain pouring down hard or a gusty wind that’s testing your guts and spirit all you can expect in one race which we love so much. And to top it all off, the orienteering part of it just put adventure racers in another league. Excited to experience ?
ARWS ASIA - INDIA CALENDER
- Namma Adventure Race – 9th - Friday ,10th Saturday and 11th - Sunday December 2022
- NthAdventure 100K Challenge – Feb / March 2023
- AR India Championship – June / July 2023
ARWS ASIA SERIES LOG
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 (3+1) is the only category to be eligible to win a free entry to the AR India Championship 2023
- Teams may substitute members with a team roster containing a maximum of 7 team members for the year.
- The log will be updated after each event, see points allocated on LINK.
- All the above-mentioned events will count towards a team’s ARWS ASIA Regional rankings as well
- AR India Championship 2023 is a championship event for India, and winner gets free entry into the Asia Championship - 2023
RACE CONCEPT, TEAM FORMAT, RACE DISTANCE, AND RACE DISCIPLINES
Adventure Race Concept
- Adventure racing is a multi-discipline endurance sport where competitors compete in teams, navigating from control point to control point in several disciplines.
- Disciplines include mountain biking, trekking, kayaking, and orienteering.
- Teams are expected to navigate using a map and landmarks.
- Teams must be able to operate in harsh remote environments in all weather conditions.
- Teams travel throughout the night. They can decide if, when, and where to rest or eat and proceed.
- The first team to complete the whole course, with all the control points visited without any support will be declared the winner.
- Teams are required to complete the entire distance together (always within hearing and visual distance of each other), helping and assisting each other.
- Teamwork and team dynamics are essential. A detailed understanding of your teammates and of your own capabilities is essential and key in the race.
- Teams of 4 members only
- Teams can consist of members of any combination: All Males and/or all Females
- The official category is a premier team of 4-members with ONE FEMALE THREE MALE or THREE FEMALE ONE MALE who will qualify for India & Asia Rankings as well as paid entry to India Championship.
- The race will cover approximately 120 + km’s
- Top teams are expected to finish the course in 12 to 14 hours with the last team in before 24 hours (Rest excluded)
- All teams should be able to finish the race before 12:00 PM on Sunday morning 11th December 2022
- The route scouted so far comprises 75 to 85% of mountain biking, 15 to 20% of trail running / hiking, and 10 to 15% of kayaking (final distances will be confirmed closer to the race date for registererd participants only.
- 100% Orienteering
- Mountain biking – Teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads, mud roads, hair pin bends climbs, downhill, tarmac roads and ofcourse hike a bike.
- Trail Running / hiking – This Will involve traveling by foot through rugged terrains, tarmac roads etc
- Kayaking – Kayaking will be on a backwater. Kayaks, paddles, and safety jackets will be provided by race organizers, athletes are welcome to bring their own paddles, PFDs. These kayaks are very stable and suitable for novices (No outside kayaks will be allowed)
- Orienteering – Orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked, and teams are required to navigate using a map and compass.
AWARDS & PRIZES
- The winning team of the Namma Adventure Race 2022 will qualify and win a FREE entry into the AR India Championship 2023 (Premier team Only)
- All finishers to receive a Namma Adventure Race Momento / Medal / Trophy
- Every team will receive Event Ranking irrespective of Team Combination
- All ARWS standard premier Teams will receive INDIA & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- The Winner of AR India Championship 2023 gains FREE ENTRY to Asia Regional Championships in 2023
ENTRY FEE - 24 Hours - ARWS Asia Series
- Early Bird (From 22nd September to 06th November) – Rs. 27,999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
- Regular Entry Fee (From 07th to 25th November 2022) – Rs. 32999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
ENTRY FEE - 24 Hours - TEAM OF 2 (Unranked Category)
- Team of 2 WITH Stay (Last date: 25th November) – Rs. 13,999/- (Per Team – Team of Two Members)
- Team of 2 WITHOUT Stay (Last date: 25th November) – Rs. 11,999/- (Per Team – Team of Two Members)
Entry Fee Includes:
- A full service 24-Hour Adventure Race which forms part of Adventure Racing World Series - Asia Regional Series
- Transportation from HQ to Accommodation and Back
- Stay for 4 People for 2 nights (9th Friday & 10th Saturday)
- Race Logistics Support
- Transition Bags (2 Bags per Team)
- Basic Medical backup and Safety
- Sit on top Kayaks, Paddles and Lifejacket
- Orienteering orientation on 9th December
- Race Garment
- Race Maps
- Race Vest BIB
- Cycling BIB
- Opening Ceremony Refreshments
- Closing Ceremony Lunch
- Event Ranking, INDIA Ranking & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- Amplified adventures with some amazing Surprise elements
- Anything which is not included in the above inclusion
Cancellations & Refunds:
- No refunds once event entry fee has been paid
- Member substitutions are allowed until 30th, November 2022 with the organizers’ consent only. No additional charges.
- In case of cancellation there will not be any refunds however, transfers of entry fees to any future event upto November 2023
- Should the race be moved due to any reasons, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific race (No refunds at any point)
- No cancellation, however, teams can sell their entry to another teams. The transaction happens between the teams and to be notified.
RACE VENUE, ACCOMMODATION, DATES & TIMES;
- The Race HQ: Mahe, Udupi, KA, India
- Registration, Race Start and Finish: Udupi, KA, India
- Accommodation: In and Around Manipal
- Nearest Town: Udupi
- Nearest Super Specality Hospital: Kasturba Medical College - 1 KM
- Nearest Super Market: 1 Km
- Nearest City: Udupi
- Nearest Railway station: Udupi 5 Km
- Nearest Airport: Mangalore International Airport – 53 Km
- Nearest Beach: Mattu Beach, Kodi Beach, Kapu Beach, Padubidri Beach and more
Dates & Times:
- 09th December 2022, Friday – Admin Day, Registration & Opening Ceremony
- 10th December 2022, Saturday – Race Flag Off
- 11th December 2022, Sunday – Closing Ceremony
- First 05 lucky Teams will get exclusive accomdation inside the mighty Manipal Campus
- Accomdation Details will be shared only with the participants in first week of December
- Maps supplied can be topographical as well as a google maps
- Maps may be given out as the course progresses *
- It is recommended that teams bring large zip-loc bags (A4 Size) to waterproof maps
- If the map is lost or damaged, it will NOT be replaced by the organizers
- Stationery materials for preparing routes on the map are needed: different colored pens, cello tape, scissors, etc.
- Teams will use a map to locate checkpoints in an order to complete the route
- Bring your own compass
Please make an NEFT/IMPS payment directly from your online bank account into the bank account below (the bank details will also be e-mailed to you).
- Account name: NthAdventure Evento Pvt. Ltd.
- Account no: 510101002103884
- Bank & Branch: Union Bank, Coffee Board
- IFSC: UBIN0907979
- Type: Current
- UPI: NTHADVENTURE@UPI
- Google Pay: Kindly email us
Payment charges to be borne by the Team.
Kindy e-mail proof of payment to email@example.com. Please use your ‘team name’ as a reference. We will send you a confirmation email along with a link to submit your team information.
MAHE Students & Faculty:
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the coupon code.
ADVENTURE RACING TIPS
Adventure Racing Tips for the experienced and newbies:
- Equipment: Please do not take the compulsory list lightly, the weather can change in minutes which will result in you needing some items unexpectedly
- Gearbox packing: To avoid a mess in your box we highly recommend each person to put all his extra gear and clothing in his own bag i.e.: a string bag, a material/plastic shopping bag, etc. Always prepare for the worst and think about being wet, cold, hungry, or sunburnt. Add a few more comfort items like another dry shirt, fleece, gloves, buff, hat, head torch, jacket, wipes, and an extra space blanket.
- Attention to detail is crucial. The whole team must study the racebook, rules, what you can do and what you can’t do. When things get unclear or “pear-shaped” during the race the navigator and/or decision-maker has more “minds” that can remember the instructions. Last resort: take out the racebook and read again.
- The fastest way to cross a water section is just to unclip your backpack from your waist and swim. No undressing or removal of shoes. You can blow up your bladder and that will assist your backpack for better buoyancy. If you have a proper waterproof bag your clothing or compulsory gear won’t get wet. That brings us back to the equipment.
- Carry your weakest persons’ backpack when he/she takes the strain. When it’s a short, fast trekking leg, you can take all the equipment or extra things out of your slowest persons’ backpack and let them only carry water.
- What is teamwork? It means you need to be in contact with your slowest person at all times. It does not help if you cycle 100m in front of your team. You should then go back and take the weakest persons’ backpack or push/tow that person. The same applies to a trekking leg. If you feel so much stronger at that given moment you must ask to assist, help the navigator to look for the checkpoints, or just plainly stay with your team and speak about the beautiful day and encourage with positive words.
- Golden rule: if you can’t say something positive then keep your mouth SHUT. If you can’t assist with the navigation, then keep your thoughts to yourself. If the navigator made a mistake your duty is to say: Don’t worry it's ok, how can I help you to get to the next point or how can we recover. Remember mistakes will happen, it’s about how fast can you fix it and move forward.
- Get racing fit. Adventure Racing is a skill like all other sports. You need to race to stay racing fit. In a race, you’re under pressure and you will face new challenges. It’s in those moments that you discover more about yourself and how you handle situations. The more you do it the more it becomes easier and you will adapt easier to each situation and challenge.
- We all are going to have a low moment at some stage. Assist each other through those times and getting that person over the line is the ultimate reward. This is a sport that will humble you and your day will come to be the weakest person. If it’s your “off day” speak up and before you hit the wall and share with your team that you are pushing too hard. This is NOT the sport for EGO. Leave that at home.
- Have an attitude of gratitude that you are able to participate in this amazing, challenging, rough, and outdoor sport.
- At least one member of the team must be capable of navigating by compass and map during the day and night. The team must be able to orientate a map, identify grid references on a map, take a bearing between two points on a map, and understand the impact of magnetic declination. (Do attend NthAventure workshops)
- The teams must be able to describe what their team would do if it becomes lost.
- At least one member of the team should have experience in basic First Aid.
- All team members must be suitably competent in all disciplines included in the event as specified by the race organizer and be able to complete the event without any assistance from any person other than their own team members.
- The following kayaking skills must be mastered: managing a capsized craft in deep water; righting and emptying a craft in deep water; getting back in and continuing paddling.
- Swimming 100m of any stroke.
- There will be no competency checks at registration. By entering this event, teams acknowledge that they are competent in all the skills required to complete an event of this nature.
TEAMS ENTERED & FIND A TEAM
- Teams entered: To be loaded shortly
- Find a Team: If you want to join an existing team, create a new team, or are looking for members to fill up your team, contact us at email@example.com and we will list your contact details below.
Point Structure, Event Rules & Regulations visit: LINK
More details will be shared with registered teams.
Let's Grow the Adventure Racing Community in India.
- Ticket type
Early Bird ARWS Asia Team of 4
24 hours / 120K+ ARWS Asia SeriesPrice₹27,999.00Sale ended
- Ticket type
Regular - ARWS Asia Team of 4
All Inclusive.. Refer to the event page for complete information.Price₹32,999.00Sale ended
- Ticket type
Team of 2 - With Stay
Full course Team with Stay from 9th Dec to 10th DecPrice₹13,999.00
- Ticket type
Team of 2 - WIthout Stay
Full course Without Stay - Refer to the event page for complete information.Price₹11,999.00Sale ended