Sat, 26 Feb|
Foot Orienteering - Urban
A sport where SKILL is as important as ENDURANCE
Time & Location
26 Feb, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Bengaluru, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the Event
“It’s not just about racing FAST, it’s about racing RIGHT” -
“Orienteering is one of the prime disciplines in adventure racing. It’s a sport that requires navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain whilst moving at speed. Participants are given a topographical map, usually a specially prepared orienteering map, which they use to find control points.”
And did you know there is an ORIENTEERING WORLD CUP and there are various types of orienteering, Foot-O, MTB-O, Ski-O, Trail-O, Kayak-O, Rogaining, and more..
Foot Orienteering is an endurance sport that involves a huge mental element. There is no marked route – the orienteer must navigate with the provided map and compass while running. The map gives detailed information on the terrain such as hills, ground surface, obstacles, etc, and the sequence of the Control Points.
We are inviting you to experience this sport. Compass is not required; no prior experience is required. Run, jog, or walk as you navigate your route while collecting checkpoints on the course and learn this new sport.
- Open Solo 5KM
- Open Solo 10KM
- Family – 3 KM (Parent and Kid)
- Family – 5 KM (Parent and Kid)
Time: 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Venue: Within city (TBA)
- Limited Slots only
- More details will be shared with registered participants only
- All the participants will get on-spot training on how to read a map
- The fastest person / Team who collects all the checkpoints without any penalty wins
Register now and learn more about this skilled sport.
- Should the race be moved due to COVID lockdown rules, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific event (No refunds at any point)
- We try our bit however, each one of us is responsible for our own safety. NthAdventure does not take any responsibility for anything that happens prior, during, or after the event.
Open Solo 5KM
Open Solo 10KM
Family – 3 KM
Team of 2 - Parent and Kid
Family – 5 KM
Team of 2 - Parent & Kid