Fri, 17 Dec|
Namma Adventure Race 2021
1st of 2 ARWS ASIA - INDIA SERIES
Time & Location
17-Dec-2021, 12:00 pm – 19-Dec-2021, 4:00 pm
Udupi, Udupi, Karnataka, India
About the Event
ABOUT NAMMA ADVENTURE RACE 2021
Adventure Racing is a multi-sport concept of combining the following sport disciplines: mountain biking, running/trekking, kayaking, and navigation. Beginners, advanced athletes, and the elite racers out there are all welcome! We’re super excited to host Namma Adventure Race the #1 of 2 races as part of the prestigious Adventure Racing World Series – Asia Series in Namma Karnataka. This race is a LIMITED ENTRY event, with only 20 SLOTS available. HURRY!
What is Adventure Racing: CLICK HERE
By now we all really understand that adventure racers like to explore Mother Nature by going to places where others haven’t been before, to feel tough by taking on endurance distances either by MTB, on foot, or on a kayak … and to take on the world by facing the hard and sometimes unforgiving elements of the weather, whether it’s a scorching hot day, rain coming down hard or a gusty wind that’s testing their guts and spirit for this sport we all love so much. And to top it all off, the navigation part of it just put adventure racers in another league. Excited to join us?
Make this time as a family & friends’ weekend out of it and bring all of them to stay over and to cheer your team. One can reach us to inquire and book for your friends & family separately. And note these spots fill out fast so be quick.
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone to this amazing community of adventure racing.
ARWS ASIA - INDIA CALENDER
- Namma Adventure Race – 17, 18 & 19 December 2021
- India Regional Championship – May / June 2022
ARWS ASIA SERIES LOG
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 is the only category to be eligible to win a free entry to the Indian Regional Championship 2022
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 will be eligible to gain entry to ARWS ASIA Championship in 2022.
- All three events count towards the log.
- The winning team of mixed four at each of the first two events will receive free entry for the India Regional Championship 2022 in India.
- Teams may substitute members with a team roster containing a maximum of 7 team members for the year.
- The log will be updated after each event, see points allocated on LINK.
- All 3 above-mentioned events will count towards a team’s ARWS ASIA Regional rankings.
- India Regional Championship 2022 is a championship event for India and the points earned at this event will be multiplied by 2
RACE CONCEPT, TEAM FORMAT, RACE DISTANCE, AND RACE DISCIPLINES
Adventure Race Concept
- Adventure racing is a multi-discipline endurance sport where competitors compete in teams, navigating from control point to control point in several disciplines.
- Disciplines include mountain biking, trekking, kayaking, and orienteering.
- Teams are expected to navigate using a map and landmarks.
- Teams must be able to operate in harsh remote environments in all weather conditions.
- Teams travel throughout the night. They can decide if, when, and where to rest or eat.
- The first team to complete the whole course, with all the control points visited will be declared the winner.
- Teams are required to complete the entire distance together (always within hearing and visual distance of each other), helping and assisting each other.
- Teamwork and team dynamics are essential. A detailed understanding of your teammates and of your own capabilities is essential and key in the race.
- Teams of 4 members only
- Teams can consist of members of any combination: All Males and/or all Females
- The official category is a premier team of 4-members with ONE FEMALE THREE MALE or THREE FEMALE ONE MALE who will qualify for India & Asia Rankings as well as paid entry to India Regional Championship.
- The race will cover approximately 120 km’s
- Top teams are expected to finish the course in 12 to 14 hours with the last team in before 24 hours
- All teams should be able to finish the race before 10:00 am on Sunday morning 12th December 2021
- The route scouted so far comprises 70-90 km’s of mountain biking, 20-30 km’s of trail running / hiking, and 5 - 15 km’s of kayaking (final distances will be confirmed closer to the race date)
- Mountain biking – Teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads, mud roads, and hike a bike section
- Trail Running / hiking – This Will involve traveling by foot through rugged terrain
- Kayaking – Kayaking will be on a backwater. Kayaks, paddles, and safety jackets will be provided by race organizers, athletes are welcome to bring their own paddles, PFDs. These kayaks are very stable and suitable for novices (No outside kayaks will be allowed)
- Orienteering – Orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked, and teams are required to navigate using a map and compass.
AWARDS & PRIZES
- The winning team of the Namma Adventure Race will qualify and win a FREE entry into the India Regional Championship 2022 (IRC) (Premier team Only)
- All finishers to receive a Namma Adventure Race Momento / Medal or Trophy
- Sponsors products (TBC)*
- Every team will receive Event Ranking irrespective of Team Combination
- All ARWS standard premier Teams will receive INDIA & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- The Winner of India Regional Championship 2022 (IRC) gains FREE ENTRY to Asia Regional Championships in 2022 to be held in Malaysia**
- Entry Fee (Until 5th December 2021) – Rs. 37799/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
Entry Fee Includes:
- A full-service 24-Hour Adventure Race which forms part of Adventure Racing World Series - Asia Regional
- AC Accommodation for 4 People for 2 nights (10th & 11th Saturday)
- Transportation from HQ to Accommodation and Back
- Team Logistics Support
- Transition Bags (Returnable 2 Bags per Team)
- Medical backup and Safety Instructors
- Sit on top Kayaks, Paddles, and Lifejacket
- Kayaking orientation on 10th December
- Race Garment
- Race Maps
- Race Vest BIB
- Cycling BIB
- Opening Ceremony Dinner
- Closing Ceremony Lunch
- INDIA & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- Amplified adventures
- Anything which is not included in the above inclusion
Cancellations & Refunds:
- No refunds once the event entry fee has been paid
- Member substitutions are allowed until 10th, December 2021 with the organizers’ consent only. No additional charges.
- In case of cancellation, there will not be any refunds however, transfers of entry fees to any future event up to November 2022
- Should the race be moved due to COVID lockdown rules, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific race (No refunds at any point)
- No cancellation, however, teams can sell their entry to another team. The transaction happens between the teams and to be notified to organizers.
RACE LOCATION, ACCOMMODATION, DATES & TIMES
Dates & Times:
- 17 December 2021, Friday - Registration & Opening Ceremony (Reporting at 12:30 PM)
- 18 December 2021, Saturday - Race Flag Off
- 19 December 2021, Sunday - Closing Ceremony (2 PM Onwards followed by lunch)
- The Race HQ: Mulki, Mangalore, KA, India
- Registration, Race Start and Finish: Mulki, Mangalore, KA, India
- Accommodation: 3KM From HQ - AC room accommodation for 2 Nights included in the entry fee
- Nearest Town: Mulki
- Nearest Super Market: 3 Km
- Nearest City: Mangalore – 30 Km
- Nearest Railway station: Mulki Railway Station 7 Km or Mangalore Central 31 Km
- Nearest Airport: Mangalore International Airport – 31 Km
- Nearest Beach: Hejamady Beach – 4 Km
Additional bookings for supporters for stay kindly book directly with Ajita Madan at email@example.com / Subject: Supporter
- Maps supplied will be topographical and google maps
- Maps may be given out as the course progresses
- It is recommended that teams bring large zip-loc bags (A4 Size) to waterproof maps
- If the map is lost or damaged, it will NOT be replaced by the organizers
- Stationery materials for preparing routes on the map are needed: different colored pens, cello tape, scissors, etc.
- Teams will use a map to locate checkpoints in an order to complete the route
- Bring your own compass
Please make an NEFT/IMPS payment directly from your online bank account into the bank account below (the bank details will also be e-mailed to you).
Account name: NthAdventure Evento Pvt. Ltd.
Account no: 510101002103884
Bank & Branch: Union Bank, Coffee Board
Google Pay: Kindly email us
Kindy e-mail proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use your ‘team name’ as a reference. We will send you a confirmation email along with a link to submit Team details to be submitted by the 10th of December 2021.
ADVENTURE RACING TIPS
Adventure Racing Tips for the experienced and newbies:
- Equipment: Please do not take the compulsory list lightly, the weather can change in minutes which will result in you needing some items unexpectedly
- Gearbox packing: To avoid a mess in your box we highly recommend each person to put all his extra gear and clothing in his own bag i.e.: a string bag, a material/plastic shopping bag, etc. Always prepare for the worst and think about being wet, cold, hungry, or sunburnt. Add a few more comfort items like another dry shirt, fleece, gloves, buff, hat, head torch, jacket, wipes, and an extra space blanket.
- Attention to detail is crucial. The whole team must study the racebook, rules, what you can do and what you can’t do. When things get unclear or “pear-shaped” during the race the navigator and/or decision-maker has more “minds” that can remember the instructions. Last resort: take out the racebook and read again.
- The fastest way to cross a water section is just to unclip your backpack from your waist and swim. No undressing or removal of shoes. You can blow up your bladder and that will assist your backpack for better buoyancy. If you have a proper waterproof bag your clothing or compulsory gear won’t get wet. That brings us back to the equipment.
- Carry your weakest persons’ backpack when he/she takes the strain. When it’s a short, fast trekking leg, you can take all the equipment or extra things out of your slowest persons’ backpack and let them only carry water.
- What is teamwork? It means you need to be in contact with your slowest person at all times. It does not help if you cycle 100m in front of your team. You should then go back and take the weakest persons’ backpack or push/tow that person. The same applies to a trekking leg. If you feel so much stronger at that given moment you must ask to assist, help the navigator to look for the checkpoints, or just plainly stay with your team and speak about the beautiful day and encourage with positive words.
- Golden rule: if you can’t say something positive then keep your mouth SHUT. If you can’t assist with the navigation, then keep your thoughts to yourself. If the navigator made a mistake your duty is to say: Don’t worry it's ok, how can I help you to get to the next point or how can we recover. Remember mistakes will happen, it’s about how fast can you fix it and move forward.
- Get racing fit. Adventure Racing is a skill like all other sports. You need to race to stay racing fit. In a race, you’re under pressure and you will face new challenges. It’s in those moments that you discover more about yourself and how you handle situations. The more you do it the more it becomes easier and you will adapt easier to each situation and challenge.
- We all are going to have a low moment at some stage. Assist each other through those times and getting that person over the line is the ultimate reward. This is a sport that will humble you and your day will come to be the weakest person. If it’s your “off day” speak up and before you hit the wall and share with your team that you are pushing too hard. This is NOT the sport for EGO. Leave that at home.
- Have an attitude of gratitude that you are able to participate in this amazing, challenging, rough, and outdoor sport.
- At least one member of the team must be capable of navigating by compass and map during the day and night. The team must be able to orientate a map, identify grid references on a map, take a bearing between two points on a map, and understand the impact of magnetic declination. (Do attend NthAventure workshops)
- The teams must be able to describe what their team would do if it becomes lost.
- At least one member of the team should have experience in basic First Aid.
- All team members must be suitably competent in all disciplines included in the event as specified by the race organizer and be able to complete the event without any assistance from any person other than their own team members.
- The following kayaking skills must be mastered: managing a capsized craft in deep water; righting and emptying a craft in deep water; getting back in and continuing paddling.
- Swimming 100m of any stroke.
- There will be no competency checks at registration. By entering this event, teams acknowledge that they are competent in all the skills required to complete an event of this nature.
TEAMS ENTERED & FIND A TEAM
- Teams entered: To be loaded shortly
- Find a Team: If you want to join an existing team, create a new team, or are looking for members to fill up your team, contact us at email@example.com and we will list your contact details below.
Point Structure, Event Rules & Regulations visit: LINK
More details will be shared with registered teams.
Let's Grow the Adventure Racing Community in India.